28 December 2012

January - Winter of Content

January - Winter of Content



A time of sweetly sad memories,
    a dark evening, a piled high fire,
    embers curling and fiery tongues
    licking wood, hissing and sighing.
    Coffee hot in the old mug, a hand
    covering mine and the voice,
    long absorbed into the song
    of the planets and the ever circling
    bright stars, speaking warm
    and serene in the spluttering
    candle light and winter rain.
    
‘I will love you and care for you,
    I will walk with you in dark times
    and in light, your pain is my pain,
    your joy is my joy, and we have,
    my love, time enough before us.’
    
The veil of our temple was rent
    but no earthquake shook the land,
    no blackness blotted out the day.
    As long as the sleeping sun rises
    and memory stays fresh and green
    I will live in him and he in me.      
    For the gentle warmth and light
    of the nascent Spring cannot
    be overcome by lingering darkness
    or the bitter cold of winter sorrow,
    and now is our Winter of Content. 
                                                                Naomi

No comments: